Thanks to Amazon, giving to your favorite charity is easier than ever, and it won’t cost you a penny.
Amazon’s charitable arm, AmazonSmile, is a website where you can enjoy all the products and perks of Amazon.com with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to a charitable organization of your choosing. For every eligible product you buy, AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to your chosen charity, without charging you an extra dime! You can also use your existing Amazon.com account to shop at AmazonSmile. The only real change to shopping at AmazonSmile is using a new URL.
Making the switch to shopping at AmazonSmile is simple. When you first visit the site, you’ll be prompted to choose your charity on the spot. However, you have the option to change your charity at any time.
How to Make The Village Network Your Charity of Choice
- Go to smile.amazon.com on your desktop or in your mobile web browser and either log in to your Amazon.com account or create a new one.
- Add a bookmark for the site so it’s easy to return and continue shopping with AmazonSmile.
- If you’re on a desktop, go to Accounts & Lists located in the top right of the page near the shopping cart and click Your Account. If you’re on a mobile device, click the Your Account icon on the top right of the page.
- On a desktop, click Change Your Charity in the Shopping Programs and Rentals. On a mobile device, look under Account Settings and scroll down until you see Change Your Charity at the end of the account settings menu.
- In the Pick Your Own Charitable Organization search bar, type “Village Network” and click search.
- Find “Village Network” in Wooster, Ohio in the list of results and click select. It should be toward the top of the page.
Happy shopping! If you’d like to learn more about AmazonSmile, visit smile.amazon.com/about.