2010’s

The Village Network is accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA). James Miller retires in 2012 and Richard Graziano is named President & CEO. The ChildTrauma Academy names The Village [...]

0 Read More
In
Posted

2000’s

William Shultz retires in 2000 and is succeeded by James Miller. The Gault Youth and Family Enrichment Center is built, which houses both an on-campus school and counseling/family service center. [...]

0 Read More
In
Posted

1990’s

The Boys’ Village exceeds 100 children in care. Ten more Treatment Foster Care networks are added, opening offices in the Cleveland, Akron and Columbus areas. The Mt. Vernon/Knox County [...]

0 Read More
In
Posted

1980’s

A chapel is built on campus and dedicated by The Fraternal Order of Eagles. The first Treatment Foster Care network is established and, by December 1987, the first girl is admitted. Dale Thompson [...]

0 Read More
In
Posted

1970’s

The Friends of Boys’ Village (FOBV) is forms as a volunteer auxiliary in the 1970s to support the youth with a host of activities that included buying and wrapping gifts for the children [...]

0 Read More

1960’s

In 1960, construction of a fully accredited on-campus school begins with the generous assistance of the Timken Foundation. Teachers from the Wooster City District begin staffing the Boys’ [...]

0 Read More

1950’s

To meet the growing demand, The Village Network expands to three cottages in which the boys reside. Boys attend public schools in Orrville, Smithville or Wooster and then work four hours per day [...]

0 Read More

1946

After seeing the movie Boys’ Town, Reverend Clarence Kerr of Smithville Methodist Church is inspired to open a home for ‘troubled boys’ in the area. Before Spring, Kerr and local civic leaders [...]

0 Read More